After we requested lots of you, “What are you most excited for at Devcon4?” most individuals replied: the individuals! That is the one time a 12 months all of us get collectively in a single place. We don’t need to spend all of our time at Devcon sitting in a darkish room, staring in silence at an individual on a stage – we need to see, meet and speak with one another.
In that spirit, we’re designing the programming and surroundings of Devcon4 to supply the time and house for all of us to make new connections – between individuals and concepts. It is a probability for us to ask one another a very powerful questions and dive deep into the hardest challenges (and thrilling alternatives!) going through Ethereum at present.
So we’re going to experiment with extra participatory programming at Devcon4 this 12 months!
Listed below are 3 ways you’ll be able to apply to take part in Devcon4:
- Give a presentation: That is self-explanatory. 😉 Give a 5-minute lightning speak or a 20-minute presentation on the subject of your alternative.
- Lead a workshop: Train individuals to do one thing. Over the course of two hours, contributors ought to “get their palms soiled,” whether or not writing code or studying to inform tales.
- Host a breakout room: Be inventive and provide you with your individual programming for Devcon4! Host dapp design critiques, facilitate a dialog, do reside safety evaluations, [enter your awesome idea here]
Once you apply, we ask that you just join your session to one in all six core themes:
- Scalability: How can we scale Ethereum in a safe, decentralized, and trustless method with the intention to obtain mass adoption?
- Safety: How can we guarantee the protection of consumer knowledge and funds?
- Privateness: How can we empower customers to be in command of their very own knowledge?
- Developer Expertise: How can we make growing for Ethereum easy, extensible, and enjoyable?
- UX & Design: How can we create a extra intuitive, usable and pleasant expertise for our customers?
- Society & Programs: Why will we BUIDL? How will this know-how change our societal programs, and the individuals inside them? (To be clear: that is additionally a little bit of a “catch all” theme for governance, cryptoeconomics, social impression, memes, and so forth.)
If you wish to discuss your particular dapp or protocol, please accomplish that within the context of one in all these shared matters. How have you ever recognized or solved a typical drawback? How can your work profit the remainder of our group?
With ~3000 contributors and solely a lot time, we count on functions for participation to be extremely aggressive this 12 months. Please purchase your tickets forward of time within the probability that your submission is not accepted so that you just don’t miss out on getting a ticket to Devcon4! We’ll course of a refund for anybody who purchases a ticket after which qualifies for a complimentary go.
Please assist us create a Devcon4 expertise within the spirit of those values:
- Participatory: We’re all creating the Ethereum ecosystem collectively and Devcon4 ought to mirror that. Along with academic talks, Devcon4 ought to present alternatives for contributors to contribute to the broader dialog and share data with each other.
- Instructional: As the one EF-hosted occasion, Devcon4 is an opportunity for our group to be taught immediately from the leaders of the Ethereum ecosystem. Members ought to be taught issues they couldn’t be taught anyplace else.
- Enjoyable: The primary cause why individuals come to Devcon is to see each other! Let’s create a uniquely “Ethereum” household reunion for our group.
Go to https://devcon4.ethereum.org/call-for-participation to be taught extra and apply!